Almost everyone on the planet will be alive tomorrow. That includes us. This is the thinking we apply to our future, that we’ll always be alive tomorrow. But we won’t. We will all live our last day on the planet. There will be no more tomorrows.
Some of us will know it’s our last day. Other’s won’t. I’m not sure which I’d prefer. Probably the former but I guess it depends on the circumstances.
So given we don’t know when our last day is, doesn’t it make sense to live each day as if it is? To live each day without regrets, to squeeze as much out of each day. That way, at least if it is your last one, you know you’ve lived a life. No regrets
The way to do this is identify the essential elements of a fulfilling life for you. Here’s how…
- Take a blank sheet of paper
- Write down everything you do in your life. Go into as much detail as possible.
- Now rate each item from step 2 with a “+” (enhances your life) or “-“ (makes life worse)
- No in betweens or sometimes. Decide (it won’t matter in the long run)
- Discard the “-“ items
- Now add all the things you’re not doing that you would like to that would enhance your life to the “+” list
- Take all the “+” and rank them from most life enhancing (1) all the way down
- Your top 3 are the most essential elements of a fulfilling life for you at this moment in time.
Focus on getting as much of the top three into your life as quickly as possible. That way you know that if any day is your last day, you’ve been living your most fulfilling life.